Our health plays a great role in our life. To be fit is the key to having a healthy lifestyle. Lately, everybody has become very conscious about their health. So to maintain that they need expert’s advice – thus, how a fitness trainer has become very important in our life. A fitness trainer is someone who always motivates you to succeed in your goal and also help you to define your fitness goal by providing effective instructions on the basis of individual assessments.
And, “you are born to be fit” – it has become your passion. Do you want to take it to the next level? For being passionate “fitness freak” to professional “fitness trainer”. Now a day it becomes a promising career. Here are the things; you need to follow to become a fitness trainer.
Do Research about the Profession
You love to work out and you want to inspire others to build a “keep going” attitude and never give up. Once you made up your mind to pursue your career as the fitness trainer, the first and foremost important thing is to have a sound knowledge of this profession. You need to research on that field thoroughly for providing the effective exercise instructions to all types of clients and or all range of ages. The more you research to go into depth about the profession, the more you become successful as a fitness trainer.
Get Certified To Become Ace
You follow your heart, this is not everything to achieve your goal – You need to invest your time to become an expert. There are many clients, fitness centers and clubs, want a trainer who is knowledgeable and expertise in this field. So you need to be certified. There are many organizations which offer certification course.
Age Criteria and Qualification
To be eligible into this profession you must fulfill these criteria.
• You must be 18+
• Hold a grade II degree
• Basic knowledge of human anatomy, strength training, and flexibility
Need to Keep in Mind
When you choose the course you should keep it mind that the course should NCCA, NFLA, and DEAC-accredited.
Fitness Training Institute in Indian
There are the well-named couple of institute in India which offers Certificate to advance course on Fitness. Here are the lists of the institute:
• GFFI-Fitness Academy
• Indian Academy of Fitness Training’
• Tulip International
• Gold Gym’s Fitness Institute
• Classic Fitness Academy
• Institute of Sports Science and Technology
• National Institute of Fitness Study
Fitness Training Institute in Abroad
In abroad, you can also start a career on that. There are several well-known institutes which serve your purpose. And if you want to be different from other and want to utilize your passion in a whole new level, you can go international.
• K11 Academy of Science
• Southern Institute of Technology
• American Council for exercise
Duration and Cost of Certification.
The total duration of fitness trainer course can be from 3 months to 3 years. The approximate amount of the certification course on the basis of duration can be 28,000/- to 2,0000/-.
Choose your Specialty and Have a Plan
You can work with one to one client or instruct in a group. Your choice will come with your preference. You can choose even both but make sure it will be best suited with your knowledge. According to that, you can choose your certifications:
• Personal Training Certification
• Fitness Nutrition Certification
• Fitness/Exercise Therapy Certification
• Youth Fitness Certification
Responsibility for being a Fitness Instructor
A fitness instructor is liable for safety and need of the clients. The professional policies should be maintained. Apart from that, there are few things which a trainer always responsible for doing:
• Discuss and assess the needs of clients: A trainer needs to know what his clients up to; whether she wants to lose weight, gain weight, improve flexibility or strength and build muscle.
• Short and Long term Goal Oriented Program: Next trainer will set a short and long term goal oriented program to lose certain pounds from specific parts of body or toning up muscles
• Progression towards Goal: Show how to achieve the goal by progressive session. Monitoring their lifestyle and food habit to achieve their goal.
• Communicate and Motivate: A healthy and close relation with the clients is very important. It can be built through communication motivation. A trainer must always boost up his clients to push them towards success as a motivator.
Career Opportunity to Be a Fitness Trainer
It gives lots of ways to flourish your career
• You can find a job at gym, fitness center, big hotels, resorts and even cruise liners as an instructor.
• You can be personal Instructor of celebrity or other big-shots (Which are in Demand)
• You can even start your own business.
Earning of a Fitness Trainer
The earning of a fitness trainer varies from his experience and qualifications. Approximately a trainer will earn 30,000/- to 1,240000/- per month for an established trainer.
This profession becomes very demanding as the career prospect is very secure and relaxing. A trainer just needs to invest 7-8 hours per day. And you can continue with professional development for your personal success.