Content Writing is a great choice of career if you like to write. It is the field of your expertise. If you have your writing skills you can really opt. for this job. Recently when I went to my cousin’s house. My cousin Reshmi told me that she wanted to do a job but can’t do full time. So, I suggested her that she can opt for content writing which is a great option for any student who likes to earn extra money. The extra money will help you in your future savings and gave you a lot of experience here in this field. She is a literature student she can pull off the career of content writing but that doesn’t means that you can’t. you also can if you are interested to do that.
- Who is Content Writer? Or we may say How can one be a Content Writer? Let’s discuss,:
“A content writer is a person who has a great command over language and also can write properly on any topic which is given to him/her.” Sunita becomes surprised and asks “Only these two qualities are needed?” Tanisha Says:” no, they need much more quality than that let me finish first.” Here she goes again: Remember only the power of writing and command over language cannot save a content writer. He/she needs much more. A content writer should be a good researcher.
So, what we get that:
A content writer is person who has a sound knowledge over everything, can write on anything and has a great researching ability, proficiency over language.
Their work is very difficult all the time they have to be patient because if they show bad temper to others no one will be ready to work with them again.”
“Now come to the second segment of our discussion.
- How one can be a Content Writer/ How one can be fit choice for this role?
Many people have curiosity about it. I also met many people who asked me if it needed any special degree or not. But let me tell you it’s not that much complicated at all. It is quite simple compare to other professions. All you need is to have following thing:
1. After 12th Boards: You can start your career as a content writer after 12 th . There are many companies who hire content writers who just passed out their boards.
2. After College: You can also go for a content writing job after completing you college degree. Companies usually prefer them who have a Bachelors ‘degree on English or in Mass communication. That does not mean that a science background owned student can’t opt. for these jobs. As long as you have a good writing ability, a good sense of language and research
ability you can do it. Some companies notice it some not. But that isn’t our area of discussion because you do not pass your college now as I am suggesting you it as a career option so, I will make this conversation fruit full for all 12th pass out students.
3. Doing any special Course for Content Writing: There are many institutes where you can learn about content writing. Online and offline both modes are available.
4. A Proficient Sense of Language: In content writing language is the soul of it and if you don’t have a proper knowledge about it you can easily ruin it. Every company will first see your writing ability.
5. A Creative Mindset: Some people are creative, some are not but in most of the jobs do not require creativeness but there are certain fields where you need a sort of creativeness.
6. Ability to Research: Only writing skill cannot give you fame as a writer, it will important but still you need your ability of research, so what is needed to do here? You must have a sound research ability which will help you to be upgraded as a content writer.
7. A good Internet Connection is Needed: If you want to pursue a career in content writing you must have a good internet connection because without that one cannot post anything on internet.
- Career Options:
If you want to pursue a career in content writing you must have a good internet connection because without that one cannot post anything on internet.
1. Freelancing: Freelancing is a great career for a content writer. They can write content for one person or many at a time. They can make their own portfolios and send them to as much companies as possible. If you increase your writing ability, someone will notice you and you will be hired.
2. Private Companies: Freelancing is a great career In private companies and MNC they hire content writers you can apply their and join there for your job.
Let’s talk about the pros and cons. There are many pros and cons.
i. Work from job opportunity.
ii. Flexible timing.
iii. Working from your comfort zone.
i. Your eyes will be in danger.
ii. Enough disappointing and boring.
iii. Sometime you don’t want to write but have to write.
iv. Drainage of energy.
v. Pushing your limits always.
If you are a student and want to earn extra money then content writing is for you. But if you are not interested in writing and find it dramatic and boring then you have to find another option.
Hope this article will help you to shine in life as a content writer.
Thank you and good luck.